We may collect personal data about you when:
- You complete our registration forms or provide any other information in connection with your application
- Personal data means information about you, including your work experience, qualifications, aptitude test results, opinions about your work performance (eg references) and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or background checks
- We receive any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you were involved
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved
- You provide us with any additional information about you
Your personal data may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement, career guidance or management
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management and resolution of any complaint, inquiry or investigation in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information
- Undertaking criminal reference checks
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing and other business purposes to assist us in providing our services to you and providing our services to our clients
Your personal data may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Hays
- Hays employees and potential employers located in: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Mainland China, Czech Republic, France & Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland & Austria, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden & Denmark, UAE, United Kingdom, USA (and any other countries where Hays may provide its services in the future) regarding possible or actual work placements and to assist us in providing our services to you
- External providers of online training and induction eg mandatory on-line OH&S Induction
- Our insurers and brokers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal data
- A Workers Compensation body
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
- Accountants, auditors, company secretarial services and professional advisers
- Landlords, agents and property services organisations
- Travel and other services providers
- IT, data, network, technology, internet, social network and business process service providers and organisations
- Marketing and event organisers, venues and companies
- This may include transferring your personal data to a location or country which may not offer the same level of protection of personal data as Mainland China.
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you; and
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
Changes to our Privacy Notice:
Your privacy is important to Hays
Type of personal information held by Hays
- Personal information submitted and obtained from each person seeking employment and other sources in connection with applications for work
- Work performance information
- Information about incidents in the workplace
- Staff information
- Information submitted and obtained in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes
- Information obtained to assist in managing client and business relationships
Purposes for which we hold personal information
- Placement operations - to assist you in finding a suitable position
- Recruitment - career guidance and management
- Staff management - to enable consultants to better service your career requirements if you are employed by Hays on a temporary or contract basis
- Training - to identify any training requirements
- Client and business relationship management - to ensure we are familiar with and fully understand your needs
- Marketing - to inform you of events, services and possible job opportunities by mail/email/sms/phone
Processing of personal information
How do we store personal information?
How do we keep personal information accurate and up to date?
General information collected from visitors to our hays.cn website
Your personal information collected on the Hays website
- Your device's IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format)
- Your email address (if made available to us)
- Your first name and surname (if made available to us)
- Device screen size
- Device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information
- Geographic location (country only)
- Preferred language used to display the webpage
- Referring domain
- Pages visited
- Geographic location (country only)
- Preferred language used to display the webpage
- Date and time when website pages were accessed
Enquiries and complaints
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Your use of this Site
Hays Specialist Recruitment (Australia) Pty Ltd (Hays) provides you access to the Hays.com.au and other Hays group sites (the "Site") in order to help you at every stage of the recruitment process and offer you other specialist services.
You will not use the Site for, or to encourage, any unlawful purpose; nor post or transmit on the Site inaccurate, incomplete or false information (including in the case of candidates, biographical information about yourself and/or information about your ability to work in the United Kingdom or elsewhere); nor will you post or transmit on the Site any libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material. You confirm that you will not post or transmit on the Site any material which contains any virus or other disabling devices which interferes or may interfere with the operation of the Site; or which alters or deletes any information which you have no authority to alter or delete; or which overloads the Site by spamming or flooding it. You will not use any device, routine or software to crash, delay, or otherwise damage the operation of this Site. You further confirm that you will not take any action that affects Hays' reputation or that defames, abuses, harasses or threatens others.
Links to or from other Sites
As a convenience to users, this Site contains links to external websites and you may be offered a number of automatic links to other sites, which may interest you. We accept no responsibility for or liability in respect of the content of those sites. Hays should not be taken as having reviewed or approved such sites or their contents, nor does it warrant that any links to such sites work or are up to date. The use of any such links is entirely at your own risk. Any third parties wishing to link to our Site may do so provided links are to the home page only of the Site and provided we are notified in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security and passwords
When you register with this site or sign on when you visit the Site, you will need to use a user name and password. You are solely responsible for the security and proper use of the password, which should be kept confidential at all times and not disclosed to anyone. You must notify us immediately if you believe that your password is in the possession of someone else or if it may be used in an unauthorised way. We accept no liability for any unauthorised or improper use of disclosure of any password.
Intellectual property rights
All of the information contained on this Site is the © of Hays Specialist Recruitment (Australia) Pty Ltd [1998-] 2011. All trade marks, logos, software or any other or any other of its intellectual property rights are the exclusive property of Hays Specialist Recruitment (Australia) Pty Ltd. You may not download, copy or print any of the pages of the Site except for your own personal use, and provided you keep intact all copyright and proprietary notices. No copying or distribution for any business or commercial use is allowed. No framing, harvesting, "scraping" or other manipulation of the content of the Site is permitted. You will not attempt to decipher, disassemble, reverse engineer or modify any of the software, coding or information comprised in the Site; nor will you post to the Site any material which infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party.
Changes to or temporary unavailability of this Site
We may at our absolute discretion deny you access to this Site (which may include any of the services or information available through it) or any part of it at any time without explanation.
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained on this Site including any salary information or surveys are given in good faith and Hays uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Hays gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded.
No liability is accepted by Hays for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information on this Site. Hays shall not be liable to any person relying on or using any such information for (a) loss of revenue, loss of actual or anticipated salary; loss of actual or anticipated profits whether arising in the normal course of business or otherwise (including, without limitation, loss of profits on contracts); loss of or damage to employment prospects; loss of opportunity; loss of the use of money; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business; loss of goodwill; loss of or damage to reputation; loss of or corruption to data; loss of management or administration time, legal and other professional fees and expenses; or (b) any indirect or consequential loss or damages however caused (including without limitation by reason of misrepresentation, negligence, other tort, breach of contract or breach of statutory duty) which arise directly or indirectly from the subject matter of this Site. However, nothing in the above shall limit or exclude Hays' liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by negligence, or to the extent otherwise not permitted by law.
You agree fully to indemnity us and keep us fully indemnified against all costs, expenses, claims, losses, liabilities or proceedings arising from use or misuse by you of this Site.
We do not guarantee that any employer or client will ask for a candidate's information, or will interview or hire a candidate, or that any candidates will be available or will meet the needs of any employer or client. We make no representation or warranty as to the final terms and duration of any appointment obtained through this Site. Whilst we take all reasonable endeavours to ensure it is the case, we do not guarantee that any employer or client will keep confidential any candidate information or data provided to them.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is held to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidly shall not affect the validly of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Your use of the Site and downloads from it, and the operation of these terms and conditions, shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. The English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of the use of this website.
Hays.cn is the web site for Hays Specialist Recruitment (Australia) Pty Ltd, a company registered in Australia and New Zealand (registered number 975,677) whose registered office is Level 11, 2 Chifley Square, Chifley Tower, Sydney, NSW
In case of any query regarding the information on this web site, please contact us.