Sales and marketing professionals with abundant knowledge of e-commerce will see strong demand from employers as companies compete for capable talent to help increase their market share.
According to recruiting experts Hays, companies are investing more in online sales and marketing to enable them to reach a larger pool of consumers.
“Candidates who have a good command of digital marketing and social media are believed to be the right professionals to help increase brand awareness and enhance company performance,” says Simon Lance, Managing Director for Hays in China. “Companies are more generous to offer higher pay and perks to those professionals who can effectively implement digital strategies.”
In its latest Quarterly Report for July to September 2016, Hays finds that both multinational and domestic consumer brands are revving up their go-digital drive amid buoyant growth of the world’s largest consumer market.
“Candidates with experience in planning and publishing trending and interesting content on social media platforms are well received by employers,” says Simon. “We expect to see huge demand for social media managers in the quarter ahead.
“Retail sales experience coupled with digital marketing expertise is the ideal combination of skills that companies are actively looking for in new hires,” says Simon. “Obviously, companies have realised the significance and necessity of digitising their business models to take market share.
“E-commerce marketing managers are also in high demand as companies hope to build and expand their online digital teams. Retail experience is also a valuable attribute since skills in retail sales and retail operations can help companies win more customers and drive sales.”
In terms of candidate trends, Hays says that an increasing number of candidates from the traditional fast-moving consumer goods industries are considering a shift to internet-based businesses amid the soaring growth of e-commerce in China.
“Candidates fully understand the current trends shaping the market,” says Simon. “They believe that online experience will be of huge benefit to their career progression in future with internet making such a huge impact on society.
“Besides, some online businesses are offering higher salaries to attract more candidates to jump ship from the traditional consumer goods industries.
“Strong recruitment of sales and marketing managers with digital experience will continue throughout the year, buoyed by the rising popularity of e-tailing in China.”
To read the full Hays Quarterly Report, including candidate and employer trends and forecasts, please visit http://www.hays.cn/en/report/index.htm
Hays, the world’s leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled people.
- Ends -
Hays plc (the "Group") is a leading global professional recruiting group. The Group is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide, being the market leader in the UK and Asia Pacific and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe and Latin America. The Group operates across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. As at 31 December 2015 the Group employed 9,420 staff operating from 248 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2015:
– the Group reported net fees of £764.2 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £164.1 million;
– the Group placed around 63,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 200,000 people into temporary assignments;
– 23% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific, 41% in Continental Europe & RoW (CERoW) and 36% in the United Kingdom & Ireland;
– the temporary placement business represented 58% of net fees and the permanent placement business represented 42% of net fees;
– Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA.