China’s rapid adoption of digital technology has created the need for employers to recruit a new breed of IT professional, says recruiting experts Hays. At the CIO, CTO and Digital Forum held last Friday by Hays at The Langham Xintiandi, Shanghai, it was revealed that Security Engineers, Mobile App Developers and Big Data experts are just some of the skills now in high demand as businesses look to seize digital opportunities and maximize business value.
“Businesses leveraging increasingly sophisticated Internet technologies continue to grow strongly in China,” says Simon Lance, Managing Director of Hays in China.
“In particular, start-ups and joint ventures developing mobile apps, cloud technologies and social media products and services are creating a high volume of new job opportunities and we expect this to continue.
“Supporting this are the results of our survey of 1,500 IT professionals in the third quarter, which found that almost 88% expect to see either moderate or strong growth in the industry over the next 12 months.”
What level of growth do you expect within your industry over the next 12 months?
“Given this, we are also seeing ventures vie for top talent by offering excellent remuneration packages, including stock options,” Simon said. “But the demand for skilled professionals is driving up the expectations of jobseekers even further, who now expect to receive a much high pay rise than last year.”
Pay rise received in the last 12 months vs. expected in the next 12 months:
Given activity, certain skilled IT professionals are now in very high demand. According to the latest Hays Quarterly Report, the following skills are in greatest demand:
· Security has been one of the hottest recruitment areas this year with no signs of cooling and we expect Security Engineers to be in strong demand. Mobile and cloud computing is everywhere in China with users connected via multiple devices with multiple digital endpoints making security a huge issue.
· Mobile App Developers are also hot property as the number of China’s mobile users increases rapidly. Companies are trying to capture this market by developing user-friendly mobile apps with iOS or Android platforms still the most popular.
· Big Data experts are fairly new to the recruitment scene but are becoming a must have recruit to help companies create successful business to consumer plans leveraging consumer information and sales data.
· Java Developers are still highly sought in the enterprise IT sector. Those with Hadoop experience are in particularly high demand to work on Big Data projects.
· Likewise, Data Analysts are needed to apply Big Data tools to analyse consumer behaviour related to products and services being developed using the Online to Offline (O2O) business model.
· Finally IT Business Partners remain one of the most in demand skills in the fast moving consumer goods and life sciences industries. Both industries have keenly adopted the use of the latest technologies to enhance marketing campaigns and increase sales revenues.
To see the full list of skills in demand and trends for your industry, please visit www.hays.cn/report
Hays, the world’s leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled people.
- Ends -
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. It is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Hays Specialist Recruitment (Shanghai) Co., Limited ("Hays China") operates across the public and private sector, dealing in permanent positions. Hays China’s eighteen specialisms span Accountancy & Finance, Banking, Architecture, Construction, Education, Engineering, Executive, Finance Technology, Human Resources, Hays Resource Management, Information Technology, Insurance, Life Sciences, Manufacturing & Operations, Oil & Gas, Property and Sales & Marketing.
Hays China operates four local offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Suzhou and Guangzhou. It is the local representative office for Hays plc, which is a global company. As at 30 June 2015 Hays employed 9,023 staff operating from 240 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2015, Hays reported net fees of £764.2 million and operating profit (pre-exceptional items) of £164.1 million. Hays placed around 63,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 200,000 people into temporary assignments. 23% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific.
Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA.