2015’s jobs market will be characterised by high demand for skilled professionals who can diagnose time or cost inefficiencies and then offer solutions to improve their department or business’s performance, says recruiting expert Hays.
According to the recruiter’s January to March 2015 Hays Quarterly Report, released today, as long as employers want to maintain profitability while keeping costs down, people who can offer effective process or costs solutions will be in high demand.
“Employers are hiring and they have positive intentions for the year ahead,” says Christine Wright, Managing Director of Hays in Asia. “In our conversations with employers, it’s clear that the greatest hotspots of demand will be for people who can help a business work smarter, not harder.
“All departments now need people who can analyse performance, review and improve processes, reduce costs and increase efficiencies.
“From Financial Planning & Analysis Heads in the accountancy department, to Project Managers in the IT team and Operations Managers in the marketing department, the focus this year will be on improving the existing ways of operating while reducing costs,” said Christine.
According to the Hays Quarterly Report, the following skills are just some of those in demand:
- Hays Accountancy & Finance: Financial Planning & Analysis Heads are in demand as finance teams are taking more responsibility for decision making in businesses and this function will continue to be in high demand throughout 2015.
- Hays Banking: The acute shortage of Corporate Banking Relationship Managers has resulted in some companies offering to raise salaries, and in some cases even doubling a candidate’s previous salary.
- Hays Education: School Admissions and Marketing Managers are in demand as we are seeing continued growth in commercial, profit-oriented and business development related job vacancies designed to maximise student acquisition and drive revenue.
- Hays Human Resources: Employers are looking for Learning & Development specialists who can not only focus on Learning & Development systems and structures, but also have solid experience in course design and delivery.
- Hays Information Technology: Big multinational corporations are currently expanding their businesses and re-engineering processes, so they need strong and experienced Project Managers to drive the change and develop best-fit IT solutions to help businesses grow.
- Hays Legal: In-house Legal/Corporate Counsels are in high demand in the manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries due to their strategic business needs.
- Hays Life Sciences: Demand is ongoing for Biology and Medicinal Chemistry R&D specialists as China is still viewed as a growing market for pharmaceutical companies and there is now greater focus on new products being developed locally.
- Hays Manufacturing & Operations: Quality Managers are in high demand as many manufacturing companies look to set up standard quality systems and quality control processes, which have become critical in the supply chain value stream.
- Hays Sales & Marketing: E-commerce Marketing and Operations Managers are sought after as e-commerce and digital sales channels are becoming increasingly popular in southern China. Demand is strongest in the retail, fashion apparel and FMCG industries.
In China Hays operates from four local offices: Shanghai, Beijing, Suzhou and Guangzhou.
Hays, the world’s leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled people.
- Ends -
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. It is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Hays Specialist Recruitment (Shanghai) Co., Limited ("Hays China") operates across the public and private sector, dealing in permanent positions. Hays China’s eighteen specialisms span Accountancy & Finance, Banking, Architecture, Construction, Education, Engineering, Executive, Finance Technology, Human Resources, Hays Resource Management, Information Technology, Insurance, Life Sciences, Manufacturing & Operations, Oil & Gas, Property and Sales & Marketing.
Hays China operates four local offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Suzhou and Guangzhou. It is the local representative office for Hays plc, which is a global company. As at 30 June 2014 the Group employed 8,237 staff operating from 237 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms. For the year ended 30 June 2014, Hays placed around 57,000 candidates into permanent jobs and around 212,000 people into temporary assignments. 24% of Group net fees were generated in Asia Pacific.
Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA.