Accountancy & Finance: Regional Finance Managers are always in demand as many multinational companies have offices in China, especially in Shanghai and Beijing. Employers also look for candidates with mid-level accounting, planning and analytical skills who can be responsible for the regional finance operation. Financial Analysts with strong commercial acumen are also sought after.
- Banking: In the corporate banking sector Relationship Managers continue to be in high demand as most foreign banks are still in their growth phase and are looking to generate new client accounts. Credit Analysts are also in demand because banks are implementing new credit control measures and need to establish a strong first line of defence against potential risks in their lending businesses.
- Education: Given the growing number of new schools that are opening in China’s big cities, including Shanghai, Guangzhou and Beijing, most international schools are finding it a challenge to secure enough qualified teachers from overseas who are willing to relocate to China. Language School Managers are also sought after.
- Human Resources: Local employers are looking for senior candidates with a multinational HR background. Employee Relations specialists are particularly sought after for redundancy and downsizing projects. Talent Development specialists who can find the talent gaps in an organisation and help grow its human capital are in demand.
- Information Technology: Despite slowing economic growth in China, there are still many small to medium size enterprises starting new businesses in the country and this is generating demand for IT professionals. High quality IOS/Android Developers are in high demand since many employers are developing their mobile internet product.
- Life Sciences: Overseas returnees and international candidates are always in high demand for middle to senior level openings within the R&D sector. District Sales Managers are another area of demand. Marketing Managers with skills in strategic marketing are also highly sought after.
- Oil & Gas: High calibre, well-connected and technically experienced Business Development Managers and Directors are needed to find new opportunities in the oil & gas market. These professionals are required to have a high level of awareness of the Chinese market.
- Manufacturing & Operations: R&D and Application Managers are in demand as product design teams are becoming more important to local customers. There is an increasing number of openings in the chemical, pharmaceutical and electrical industries in R&D and production application functions. Also, some local Chinese companies are aggressively developing their overseas markets and require international sales and strategy professionals.
- Sales & Marketing: Demand for sales and marketing professionals is increasing as many companies in the services industry set up offices in China. Candidates with strong SEO/SEM experience are still in high demand. As online business activity increases, digital marketing professionals are sought to help create e-commerce strategies for traditional brands.