Chinese consumer demand and the continued expansion of businesses operating in the retail, FMCG, wine & spirits and luxury goods sectors in China is fuelling an active recruitment market for sales and marketing professionals, says recruiting experts Hays in China.
According to the recruiter’s latest Hays Quarterly Hotspots list of skills in demand, Digital Marketing Managers, CRM Managers and Communications Managers are just three of the professionals sought by employers as new job creation fuels job market activity.
“Companies in the retail, FMCG, wine & spirits and luxury markets are no longer focusing on getting their products to China but instead on developing their customers by educating consumers on their brands, products and services,” says Simon Lance, Regional Director of Hays in China.
“This calls for candidates who are not only focused on volume and sales growth but how to achieve it in a more competitive environment.”
The global evolution of digital marketing is also impacting China. “E-commerce and digital marketing are huge and employers are all clamoring to secure the top talent in these areas,” says Simon.
“There is a wider selection of goods on the market in China and so there is a wider selection of employers for candidates to explore. Employers attract the top talent by having a popular brand or product and providing a good place to work. ”
“Customer service is also a growing trend in China and companies are investing heavily in the training of customer facing staff to give them an edge over their competition.”
According to Hays, employers continue to value candidates with overseas work experience combined with Chinese work experience. “Chinese and English language capabilities are important for all levels,” says Simon.
“Employers are competing fiercely for talent as more of their competitors establish their business in China. Mid-sized employers will target the middle management of larger companies to take on senior roles or become their first employee in China. ”
According to the Hays Quarterly Hotspots list of skills in demand, the following sales & marketing skills are needed:
- Digital Marketing Managers - Digital and new media are hot channels for corporate marketing activities in China. As a result, Digital Marketing Managers are sought.
- Communications Managers and Directors - Companies are investing more in public relations in order to build up their brand name globally and fundamentally within China’s complicated environment.
- CRM Managers - FMCG and retail employers find this a practical technology to organize, automate and synchronize sales, marketing, customer service and technical support, especially for big organizations. As a result, CRM Managers are needed.
- Business Development Managers - This traditional sales function will remain in high demand for the remainder of the year. Professionals are particularly sought this quarter to find new ways to increase sales revenue for next year.
- Government Relationship Managers/Directors – These professionals are sought by food and beverage employers as the government and customers pay attention to food safety.
Hays, the world’s leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled people.
- Ends -
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. It is the expert at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Hays Specialist Recruitment (Shanghai) Co., Limited ("Hays China") operates across the public and private sector, dealing in permanent positions. Hays China’s eighteen specialisms span Accountancy & Finance, Banking, Architecture, Construction, Education, Engineering, Executive, Finance Technology, Human Resources, Hays Resource Management, Information Technology, Insurance, Life Sciences, Manufacturing & Operations, Oil & Gas, Property and Sales & Marketing.
Hays China operates four local offices in Shanghai, Beijing, Suzhou and Guangzhou. It is the local representative office for Hays plc, which is a global company with more than 7,840 staff operating from 239 offices in 33 countries across 20 specialisms.
Hays operates in the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Chile, China, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, the UK and the USA.